The Home of the 66th National Square Dance Convention®
We would like to extend a Special Invitation to all Dancers, Callers, Cures, Organizations, Vendors, National Executive Committee, and of course, to all of our friends new and old to come celebrate the 66th National Square Dance Convention® in Cincinnati OH! It will be 25 years since Cincinnati hosted their first national convention. We may not be expecting the 20,000 dancers like they had in 1992, but we are still excited to have all of you come and visit with us. We are happy today to share with you some of the reasons we think Cincinnati will be;
“A Great American Experience!”
Since being awarded the opportunity to host the convention in Oklahoma in 2013, we have been on a quest to put together a great experience for not only all the regulars that always plan to come to the nationals, but also to try to entice new people to come along and join in the fun! If you have had a good time at a national before, please consider taking someone along that has not attended. Let them see what a great time we have dancing, and visiting all the sites along the way.
Let me tell you that getting to Cincinnati is easy! Over ½ the US population is within a day’s drive or a one hour flight. We are at the intersection of 3 major interstates, (71, 75 and 74). Amtrak also services Cincinnati’s Union Terminal just minutes from our event location. The Cincinnati airport is only 15 minutes from our hotels and convention center, and it has over 60 non-stop destinations to choose from. Oh, and by the way, YES, the Cincinnati airport is in Kentucky.
Every convention has its sweet spot and I think you will agree that ours is its our compact location. By compact I do not mean small, I mean close and convenient. The convention center and hotels are all within two blocks. [see map (PDF)] Over 1000 rooms are across the street. You will not need to purchase a bus pass unless you are a camper. All the dancing is in one building. There are many food options both on site and within walking distance from the convention center. Most parking options (PDF) are across the street from the convention center or hotels. You will literally be able to park your car and not need it till you leave.
Let me share even more important details:
- We will have three round dance halls with over 24,000 Sq. Ft. of wood dance floor (plenty of room for everyone and every level).
- Nearly 200,000 Sq. Ft. of square dance halls. (plenty of room for everyone and every level).
- And YES, we will have The Ghost Riders Band again this year.
- We are offering over 20 options for tours from one to 4 days long. (River rafting (PDF), Rock & Roll Hall of Fame (PDF), US Airforce Museum (PDF), Sunset (PDF) and lunch river cruises (PDF), Kentucky horse park (PDF), Amish country (PDF), Lake Erie and Put in Bay (PDF), to name a few) (Book early before they fill up).
- Just in, a last minute addition to the tours is a Viking Rhine River Cruise (PDF), October 14th 2017. (It is very limited so get your reservation in before the end of October 2016 to get one of the 30 Cabins).
- Our Wednesday Night Special Event will be Dinner and big helping of Rock & Roll with “The American Kings (PDF)” You may have to dance in the isle when these guys fill the hall with music we grew-up with.
- Lots of education options will be available in the forms of, panels, seminars, clinics, and showcases.
- The Keynote Speaker topic will be “What’s right with Dancing” and our Round Table Discussion topic will be: “Let’s talk about It…and Get excited!”. (if you have not attended these or could not find these in the past you need to check them out in 2017). They will be easy to find this time.
- We have a great camping experience in store for all those that camp.
- Convention check in at the camp ground
- Extra buses in the morning and evening to make things convenient
- Convention contact onsite
- Available Pet Coordinator on site for those that have pets needs
- Pull through and back in sites
- 30 and 50 amp hook ups
- Onsite camp store, and Oh, by the way, they have ice cream
- Boating, fishing, biking & hiking are all available right there
Hopefully we have peaked your interest and have given you a taste of what is in store for the people that attend our convention in June of 2017. The Cincinnati area and the 66th NSDC will have the Activities, Facilities, and the Location for great national convention. We will be looking for all of you and your friends in Cincinnati!
Steve & Beverly Stoehr
66th National Square Dance Convention®